Man taken to hospital for smoke inhalation

By Andy Matarrese, Columbian Breaking News Reporter

Published:

 

Medics treated a man for smoke inhalation and transported him to a local hospital after a neighbor dragged him from his burning home Friday afternoon.

The fire was reported around 3:15 p.m. at 8507 N.E. 126th Ave., off Northeast Padden Parkway near Heritage High School.

When firefighters arrived, EMTs were already on scene treating a man for smoke inhalation, Vancouver Fire Department spokesman Joe Spatz said.

Spatz said the neighbor who reported the fire also pulled the man out of the house.

The occupant’s condition was not available.

The fire itself was small and confined, Spatz said, adding a firefighter on scene told him it likely could have been doused with a two-gallon fire extinguisher.

“It must have generated a lot of smoke,” he said.

Firefighters were still on the scene around 5 p.m.

The Clark County Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating the fire.

County Assessor’s Office records list Roger Snoen as the home’s owner.