Brody Barnum pitched a complete-game three-hitter as Skyview defeated Battle Ground 4-1 in 4A Greater St. Helens League baseball on Monday at Battle Ground.
Barnum struck out nine batters and walked two. He retired the last six batters he faced.
Skyview scored all its runs in the third inning. Tanner Jacques doubled with the bases loaded, and later with two outs, Michael Lundgren singled in Jacques.
Lundgren was 2 for 3, and Daniel Copeland was 2 for 4 in the leadoff spot.
Stars of the day
• Sam Christopher, Camas baseball, pitched a complete-game four-hitter with three strikeouts as the Papermakers beat Union 2-1.
• Abby England, La Center softball, struck out 15 Prairie batters in a 3-2 win over the Falcons.
• Blake Robb, Prairie baseball, allowed three hits and stuck out five over six innings in an 11-1 win over Hudson’s Bay.
• Nick Nygard, Columbia River baseball, hit two doubles, scoring two runs and was the winning pitcher as the Chieftains beat Mark Morris 12-2 in five innings.
• Tommy Snyder and Trevor Swartz, Evergreen baseball. Snyder struck out 10 with no walks in a three-hitter, and Swartz had a double and home run in the Plainsmen’s 4-0 win over Mountain View.
• Jake Connop, Columbia River boys soccer, scored two goals in a 7-0 win over Washougal.
• Emma Klundt, Columbia River softball, struck out 10 in four innings in a 5-3 win over Evergreen.