In this week’s episode of Clark Talks, The Columbian’s weekly podcast, hosts Katie Gillespie and Dameon Pesanti bring updates on Clark County’s marijuana industry and an update on what politicians in Olympia are working toward.
In commemoration of April 20, an unofficial holiday for marijuana enthusiasts that has hazy origins, the two reporters chat with Jim Mullen, co-owner of local marijuana shop chain The Herbery. Those three talk about the local marijuana industry, as well as what changes at the federal level could mean for local stores.
Then, Gillespie and Pesanti talk to The Columbian’s state politics reporter, Lauren Dake, about what to expect as lawmakers in Olympia face going into overtime without a budget deal approved. They also discuss what the Southwest Washington delegation of senators and representatives accomplished with a newfound spirit of collaboration this session.
Finally, The Columbian’s features news coordinator, Ashley Swanson, discusses a list of events for the coming weekend and into next week.
Highlighted events are:
• StreamTeam Earth Day Fest, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Salmon Creek Greenway, 800 N.E. 117th St., Vancouver; free. www.clarkpublicutilities.com/event/streamteam-earth-day-fest
• Storm City Roller Girls, 6 p.m. Saturday. Clark County Event Center at the Fairgrounds, 17402 N.E. Delfel Road, Ridgefield; $10 to $12; free for ages 5 and younger. http://stormcityrollergirls.com
• Gathering of the Guilds and Ceramic Showcase, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Oregon Convention Center, 777 N.E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Portland; free. 503-235-7575 or www.gotg-pdx.com
• Oregon Mandolin Orchestra, 2 p.m. Sunday. Old Liberty Theater, 113 N Main Street, Ridgefield; $15. 360-887-7260 or www.oldlibertytheater.com
• Re-Imagined Radio: “The City Of Weird,” 7 p.m. Wednesday. Kiggins Theatre, 1011 Main St., Vancouver; $5 suggested donation. 360-816-0352 or www.radiowork.com
You can find the show on Soundcloud, or subscribe for free weekly downloads on iTunes or Stitcher. Contact Pesanti and Gillespie about the podcast at email@example.com.