Dylan Rivers had two goals and Alec Watkins added a goal and an assist as the La Center boys beat Columbia-White Salmon 4-1 on Thursday.
The win tied the Wildcats with the Bruins in the Trico League standings with 16 points each.
But La Center (5-2-1) has played one fewer league game than White Salmon (5-3-1).
Cody Leffel had the other goal for La Center.
Stars of the day
• Sean Larkins, Seton Catholic boys soccer, had three goals and two assists in a 5-4 win over Castle Rock.
• Garrett Wellman, King’s Way Christian baseball, was 2 for 2 with a double and walk, plus a two-run single during a three-run fifth inning that lifted the Knights past Skyview 3-2.
• Sarah Ellis, Columbia River girls track and field, had a season-best by clearing 10 feet, 6 inches in the pole vault as River beat Ridgefield 81-69.
• Trey Knight, Ridgefield boys track and field, won the shot put 52-5 1/2 and shot put (157-3 1/2 ) as the Spudders beat Columbia River 78-67.
• Trevor Swartz, Evergreen baseball, went 3 for 3 with two doubles, two RBI and three runs in the Plainmen’s 13-3 win over Fort Vancouver.
• Payton Foster, Woodland softball, went 2 for 3 with two RBI in the Beavers’ 10-0 win over Washougal.
• Mark Gomez, Woodland boys soccer, scored the game’s only goal as Woodland knocked off Ridgefield for the first time.
• Uriah Beckley, King’s Way boys soccer, had two goals and one assist in a 3-0 win over Stevenson.