If You Go
• What: Clark County Fair.
• Hours Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• Where: 17402 N.E. Delfel Road.
• Admission: Prime of Your Life Day, seniors 62 and older, $7.25; adults, $11.25; seniors 62 and older, $9.25; kids 7-12, $8.25; kids 6 and younger, free.
• Parking and transportation: Parking, $6 per vehicle; C-Tran shuttle, free from six main transfer stations; $1 discount on full gate admission with coupon from bus driver. Schedules at www.c-tran.com/clarkcountyfair
• Carnival: Opens at noon.
• Free grandstand entertainment: Freestyle motocross, 2 and 7 p.m.
• Pets: Not permitted, except for service animals or those on exhibit or in competition.
• More information: www.clarkcofair.com or call 360-397-6180.
Hot summer temperatures during the day have kept conditions comfortable for fairgoers to walk around at night while enjoying the wide variety of rides, food, animals, games and exhibits at this year’s Clark County Fair.
The bright lights of the Cliff Hanger and the Ferris wheel helped illuminate the night sky Monday as crowds of thrill seekers took in the sights and sounds of the annual 10-day event at the Clark County Event Center and Fairgrounds in Ridgefield. The fair continues through Sunday.
Butler Amusements offers three dozen rides from noon until 10 p.m. nightly, 11 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Wednesday’s fair highlights include freestyle motocross, which features spectacular motorcycle stunts, at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. in the grandstand.
Seniors 62 and older receive a discount on admission Wednesday. For more information, visit www.clarkcofair.com. For more photos of the fair at night, read Sunday’s Columbian.