Volunteer Connections provides opportunities through the Human Services Council.
For information on the following and other opportunities, call 360-735-3683.
- Clark County Public Utilities Stream Team needs volunteers to help bring salmon back to the Salmon Creek Watershed. Help restore native plants and reduce invasive species and erosion. Equipment, tools and light refreshments provided.
- Friends of the Carpenter seeks volunteers to help at its Second Chance Thrift Store. Also, volunteers are needed at the Friendship Center to greet participants and volunteers and answer phones.
- North County Community Food Bank seeks volunteers to sort, stock, prepare client food orders, unload deliveries, take donations and do housekeeping.
- This-N-That Thrift Store seeks volunteers to receive, sort and price donations of household items, tools and sporting goods.
- Vancouver Public Service Center needs volunteers to help on an on-call basis, to staff the center’s front desk during vacations.
- Washington State University — Clark County Extension seeks volunteers for special events. Volunteer for four hours at the handwashing education exhibit at the Clark County Fair and receive a free pass to the fair, or help with farm-to-fork field trips to the Heritage Farm.
NatureScaping of Southwest Washington seeks gardening volunteers at work parties, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays at the Wildlife Botanical Gardens in Brush Prairie. Other workdays may be arranged. No gardening experience is necessary.
For information, contact email@example.com or call 360-737-1160.