Power strips blamed in damaging garage fire

By Emily Gillespie, Columbian Breaking News Reporter

Published:

 

A fire in a garage that ended up displacing three people was caused by a series of power strips plugged into each other, fire investigators said.

The blaze, reported at a two-story house, 4805 N.E. 112th Circle, around 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, significantly damaged the house’s two-bay garage.

The flames didn’t extend into the house, but the house did sustain smoke damage and three residents were displaced.

Clark County Deputy Fire Marshal Curtis Eavenson said that the estimated damage to the structure and contents is about $100,000.