Volunteer Connections provides opportunities through the Human Services Council.
For information on the following and other opportunities, call 360-735-3683.
• City of Vancouver — Speed Monitor Awareness Team seeks volunteers to work in teams of two, to deploy speed monitoring equipment to various neighborhoods during weekday hours. Training is on May 26.
• Columbia Land Trust is seeking a volunteer to provide administrative assistance in its development department. Prepare and send letters, process gifts and take notes.
• Columbia Springs seeks participants at its monthly Stewardship Saturday events throughout the year, to pull ivy, maintain trails, and plant trees. Children who are 7 and older are welcome with a parent.
• FISH of Vancouver needs volunteers to help sort food, greet guests and to help in the clothing room.
• Vancouver Farmers Market is looking for volunteers to help at the information booth and to collect leftover produce to donate to the food bank.
• Volunteer Chore Services needs drivers to drive low-income/elderly or disabled people to medical appointments or to the grocery store or other essential errands. Mileage is reimbursed.
• YWCA seeks volunteers to provide telephone and in-person advocacy and ongoing support services to victims/survivors of sexual assault and their families. Required training is provided.