Josh Bottelberghe comes from a swimming family.
Like his older sisters Jessica and Monica, Josh Bottelberghe has been a state champion swimmer for Columbia River High School.
And like his sisters, he’ll continue his swimming career in college. They both went on to Boise State, but Josh will continue his swimming at the University of Notre Dame.
Bottelberghe is one of several Clark County high school athletes who mill make their college choices formal as the National Letter of Intent early signing period began on Wednesday.
“Notre Dame inspires athletes to be the best they can be in and out of the pool,” Josh Bottelberghe said in a statement on his CollegeSwimming profile after verbally committing to the Irish program last summer. “At Notre Dame, working hard is strengthened by working smart to efficiently develop well-rounded athletes. The supportive coaching staff is eager to help their athletes achieve their goals and with a beautiful and welcoming campus, it felt like home. I believe Notre Dame swimming has a very bright future, and I am more than excited to be a part of it.”
Bottelberghe, the Columbian All-Region boys swimmer of the year, won Class 2A state titles in the 200 freestyle and 100 breaststroke last February. His opening leg in River’s state-champion 200 free relay set a meet record of 21.01 seconds for the 50 freestyle.
Bottelberghe will take place in a signing ceremony on Thursday at Columbia River with basketball player Jacob Hjort, who is signing with Western Oregon.
Other college signees:
- Olivia Hood, Mountain View HS, lacrosse, Arizona State
- Abby Fisher, Skyview HS, softball, Oregon State
- Michael Hickey, Skyview HS, baseball, Central Washington
- Keith Lobis, Union HS, golf, Gonzaga
- Maleya Burns, Union HS, softball, Angelo State (Texas)
- Molly Edwards, La Center HS, basketball, Arizona Christian
- Saige Keep, La Center HS, baseball, Colorado Mesa
- Hailey Oster, Camas HS, golf, Montana State
- Sam Lauderdale, King’s Way Christian HS, baseball, Washington State
- Damon Casetta-Stubbs, King’s Way Christian HS, baseball, Seattle University
- Kennedy Ferguson, Camas HS, softball, New Mexico
- Emma Jenkins, Camas HS, cross country/track and field, Washington State
- Jackson McKinney, Skyview HS, wrestling, Oregon State
Athletic directors, coaches: If you have more college signees to report, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org