Volunteer Connections provides opportunities through the Human Services Council.
For information on the following and other opportunities, call 360-735-3683.
• C-Tran seeks volunteer travel trainers and ambassadors to help teach seniors and people with disabilities how to use public transportation. Volunteers also help teach customers how to access and understand schedules and bus routes.
• Clark College seeks tutors to help students improve their basic reading, writing, and speaking skills. Math tutors are also needed. A commitment of three to four hours weekly for 10 weeks is required.
• FISH of Vancouver needs volunteers in the front room, as monitors in the clothing room, and as food sorters. There are morning and afternoon shifts available.
• North County Community Food Bank seeks drivers to pick up fresh foods, cooler items and meats from local Battle Ground stores and bring them to the food bank. Volunteers are also needed to receive donations, stock shelves, prepare orders, and serve clients.
• The Salvation Army SAY Klub, an after-school program, seeks volunteers to help with projects and homework, do literacy tutoring or just read with or to a child between 2:30 and 6:30 p.m.
• This and That Thrift Store seeks volunteer cashiers, sorters and security monitors.