7 Up sold in Mexico kills 1, sickens 6; travel advisory issued

By

Published:

 

Soda contaminated with methamphetamine is to blame for the death of one person and the intoxication of six others in Mexico, according to the attorney general in Baja, Calif.

A 37-year-old man died after ingesting the soda, and six others — ages 19 to 65 — have gotten sick, the attorney general said in a Facebook post.

Banner Health said people should be vigilant when traveling to Mexico.

The contaminated soda, 7 Up, has been removed from all establishments in the Baja area, according to the Director of Protection Against Health Risks in Mexico, Leopoldo Jimenez Sanchez. None of the 7 Up products sold in the United States are affected.