Union High’s Keith Lobis shot a 1-under-par 71 on Monday to a take a one shot lead at 4A district golf tournament at Tri-Mountain in Ridgefield.
The defending district champion leads teammates Reece Boyce (72) and Dylan Henry (74) going into today’s final round. Skyview’s Tyler Jones also shot a 74 to get into the mix.
Camas golfers Connor Shira (76) and Owen Hunington (77) were in fifth and sixth places.
The top 20 golfers made the cut for today’s final round that will help determine state qualifiers for the spring.
Mountain View has three golfers in the top four of the 3A district tournament, also at Tri-Mountain.
Mason White leads after an even-par 72, one shot in front of teammate Graham Moody (73). Willy Yeh is fourth after a 77. Prairie’s Dante Heitschmidt is third with a 75.
The top 24 golfers in the 3A district tournament made the cut for today’s final round.
Stars of the day
• Alex Miller and John Rudi, Columbia River boys tennis, won their ninth consecutive match in the second doubles slot on Monday when they defeated Washougal’s Marcus Bennett and Riley Paladin 6-2, 7-5. They also helped River clinch its second 2A Greater St. Helens League title in a row.
• Keelie LeBlanc, Camas volleyball, had a team-high 15 kills in a straight-set win over Heritage.
• Aliyah Ponder, Camas girls soccer, had a goal and an assist in a 5-0 win over Skyview.
• Zoe McBride, Prairie volleyball, had eight kills and seven aces in a straight-set win over Evergreen.
• Heley Walz, Fort Vancouver, had 10 kills, four aces and 30 assists in a five-set match against Hudson’s Bay.
• Olivia Fothergill, Mountain View girls soccer, had two goals in a 3-0 win over Hudson’s Bay.
• Lauren Gehrman, Union volleyball, had 11 kils and 10 digs in a four-set win over Skyview.
• Elisa Haug, Hudson’s Bay volleyball, had eight kills, 10 blocks and seven aces in a five-set win over Fort Vancouver.