Eagle Creek Fire stories and information
- Vancouver teen suspected of causing Eagle Creek Fire
- Eagle Creek Fire jumps Columbia River, evacuations in Skamania County
- Heat advisory for Clark County in place through tonight
- Clark County schools open; some activities postponed for ash, weather
- Updates on Tuesday prep sports postponements
- Interstate 84 remains closed due to Eagle Creek Fire
Oregon State Police said investigators have identified a 15-year-old Vancouver boy as a suspect in the Eagle Creek Fire.
The agency said Tuesday investigators think he and others were using fireworks in the woods along the Eagle Creek Trail on Saturday, sparking the fire.
The boy was contacted by law enforcement in the parking lot of the trail head and interviewed. No arrests have been made and no formal charges have been filed in connection with the fire, according to the Oregon State Police, which did not identify the boy.
Oregon State Police said investigators were looking for witnesses and anyone with helpful information about the fire’s cause. The agency asked anyone who heard fireworks or other explosions in the area of the Eagle Creek Trail and Punch Bowl Falls on Saturday between 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. to contact the Oregon State Police at 503-375-3555.
The investigation surrounding the Eagle Creek Fire was ongoing.