Volunteer Connections provides opportunities through the Human Services Council. For information on the following and other opportunities, call 360-735-3683.
• Clark County Historical Museum seeks Haunted Walking Tour volunteers to lead Friday or Saturday night tours in October. Volunteers must be able to speak clearly, entertain tour groups, and learn the tour narrative.
• Clark County Public Works — Parks Division is looking for people to conduct annual trail counts, Sept. 12 to 14 and 16 to 17, in 18 locations. Volunteers work at one location and count people during a two-hour shift. Training is available.
• Evergreen Habitat for Humanity seeks help with administrative tasks in the office, and on the construction sites, helping to build homes. Construction activities vary and can often accommodate organized groups.
• Free Clinic of Southwest Washington needs patient registration volunteers and trained optometric technicians.
• Share Backpack Program seeks volunteers to fill backpacks with food and to deliver them to needy kids.
• Volunteer Connections is looking for a photographer/videographer to take photos and videos of volunteers working throughout Clark County. Videos will include short YouTube videos about opportunities, and training videos. Volunteer must have equipment and transportation, and a flexible schedule.
• West Columbia Gorge Humane Society is looking for volunteers to socialize cats and dogs, clean kennels, and to provide foster care for animals awaiting adoption.
Furry Friends is looking for volunteers to feed, water and socialize with cats, clean litter boxes, provide housekeeping, assist with adoptions, and help with yard work at special events. The organization is an all-volunteer, no-kill, nonprofit cat rescue. Information is at www.furryfriends.org
To volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-993-1097.
YWCA Clark County will provide training for new volunteers, beginning Sept. 14, for the Sexual Assault Program and the Clark County CASA Program. Volunteers must apply and be interviewed prior to beginning training. ywcaclarkcounty.org/volunteer; 360-906-9131; or email@example.com