Graham Moody made quite the debut for the Mountain View boys golf team on Thursday.
After being trapped indoors the past two days because of smoke with the rest of hist team, the freshman shot a 4-under 30 at Fairway Village in his first high school match.
Moody had a putt on the final hole of the round stop an inch short of the hole, denying him a possible round of 29.
Moody led the Thunder to win over Fort Vancouver. Mountain View tallied a team score of 147. Fort Vancouver was incomplete.
Stars of the day
• Sam Crawford, Fort Vancouver boys tennis, won his No. 2 singles match 6-4, 7-6 (13-11) to help the Trappers win their first match since 2015 with a 4-1 victory over Battle Ground.
• Maddie Kemp, Camas girls soccer, scored six goals — two unassisted — in the Papermakers’ 7-0 win over Lake Oswego, Ore.
• Josie Patridge, Seton Catholic girls soccer, posted five saves in goal to earn the shutout to help the Cougars earn their first victory on their new field, a 2-0 win over Elma.
• Owen Huntington, Camas boys golf, won his debut high-school match by four shots to help the Papermakers beat Prairie 165-170.
• Beyonce Bea, Washougal volleyball, posted a match-best 10 kills and two blocks in the Panthers’ sweep of Stevenson.
• Aubrey Stanton, Camas volleyball, had 20 assists, two aces and two digs in a 3-0 win over Columbia River.
• Bethany Karlsen, Hockinson volleyball, had 17 assists and seven aces in the Hawks’ sweep of Evergreen.
• Isabel Bauer, Evergreen girls soccer, had four saves in goal and also an assist in the Plainsmen’s 4-3 road victory over Lakes.
• Laynie Erickson, La Center volleyball, had 11 kills, 18 digs and six blocks to give coach Cymany O’Brien her first victory over 2A Woodland with a five-set victory over the Beavers.