Jane Kuebrich of Ridgefield won the race, but Hanna Dyer of Columbia River won the meet.
Kuebrich, a sophomore, edged Woodland’s McKenna Flanagan by a second to win the top individual spot in a time of 21 minutes, 35 seconds over the 5,000-meter course at Vancouver Lake.
The one spot proved important as it allowed the Spudders to tie Columbia River in the team score 33-33 in the three-team meet. The tiebreaker goes to the team with the higher finishing sixth runner. That was River junior Hanna Dyer.
The Spudder boys swept to a team victory as Ciarnin McNeil (16:56) edged teammate Kyle Radosevich. Ridgefield’s varsity runners claimed seven of the top eight spots.
Stars of the day
• Calvin DuBois, La Center boys cross country, won the Trico League meet hosted by Seton Catholic at Vancouver Lake in 17:09, leading the Wildcats to the team win.
• Sydnee Dyer, Seton Catholic girls cross country, won the Trico League meet at Vancouver Lake in 20:15.
• Amelia Pullen, Washougal girls cross country, breezed to a win over more than two minutes to lead the Panthers to a 2A Greater St. Helens League dual win over R.A. Long at Lake Sacajawea in Longview.
• Gabriel Dinnel, Washougal boys cross country, led the Panthers to a win over R.A. Long with a runner-up finish in 16:35.
• Owen Huntington, Camas boys golf, shot a 2-under 34 at Camas Meadows to lead Camas to a 162-172 win over Columbia River.
• Garhet Ballard, Battle Ground boys golf, was the medalist in a win over R.A. Long with a 3-over 38 at Mint Valley.