Volunteer Connections provides opportunities through the Human Services Council. For information on the following and other opportunities, call 360-735-3683
• Clark College Continuing Education is looking for volunteers to assist the cooking instructor prepare for food and wine classes. Media and office assistants are also needed.
• Columbia Springs seeks volunteers to maintain facility trails and grounds during weekend work parties.
• Evergreen Habitat for Humanity seeks help in its retail store with cashiering, receiving donations, customer service and merchandising.
• Peace Health Southwest Medical Center is looking for gift-shop ad reception-desk volunteers. The gift shop, run by volunteers, supports Share House. Reception volunteers welcome and assist patients and families.
• Salvation Army seeks tutors for its Say Klub after school program to help kids improve reading skills.
• Volunteer Services for Catholic Community Services needs volunteers to drive low-income elderly and disabled people to medical appointments, the grocery store or on other essential errands. Mileage is reimbursed.