Volunteer Connections provides opportunities through the Human Services Council. For information on the following and other opportunities, call 360-735-3683.
- CDM Services, an adult day center, seeks volunteers to provide companionship, outreach, and advocacy to isolated elders weekly through its Elder Care program. A minimum of one-year of service is requested. Training begins soon.
- Clark County Public Health seeks volunteers to assist with office work at the beginning of each month. Help run a folding machine, file and organize invoices, twice a month during daytime hours.
- Clark County Courthouse and Public Service Center seeks volunteers to staff the information desks.
- Free Clinics of Southwest Washington needs volunteer registered pharmacists to be the final point of contact the patient has with the clinic and the dispensary.
- The Historic Trust at the Fort Vancouver National Reserve Site seeks volunteers for the Celebrate Freedom Event on Veterans Day, Nov. 11. Set up or take down the event, serve as a greeter or distribute handouts during four-hour shifts.
- The Historic Trust, overseeing Providence Academy, Officers Row, West Barracks and Pearson Field Education Center, seeks volunteers for education, outreach, and engagement programs. Programs include tours, activities, classroom experiences for young people, lectures, workshops and off-site trips. Volunteers are also needed behind the scenes with events and activities.