Photo Details

Photo detail

September 21, 2012

Jeff Davis, left, and Jim Wulf sit in front of a World War II Army chapel, now part of the Memorial Lutheran Church campus. First lady Eleanor Roosevelt wanted chapels — not theaters or assembly halls — for religious services on U.S. military bases, and the plans were adjusted in early 1941 to include that requirement.

loading...