Firefighters were able to rescue three dogs from a Tuesday evening mobile home fire in Washougal that sent one person to a hospital with smoke inhalation.
Around 7:30 p.m., firefighters were called to a mobile home fire Gibbon Creek Mobile Estates in Washougal.
They arrived to find a flames and smoke coming from a single-wide manufactured home and its attached covered porch, according to the Camas-Washougal Fire Department.
While firefighters worked to stop the flames, others tended to a patient suffering from smoke inhalation. The patient was taken to a hospital, and the department said it was unclear whether the patient was one of the home’s occupants.
Firefighters also found three dogs inside the burning structure and turned them over to their owners.
Responding personnel indicated the fire was under control by around 7:50, according to emergency radio traffic monitored at The Columbian.
The department said it appeared the fire may have started in a barbecue an occupant was using on the home’s porch, then spreading to the home. A more definitive finding was pending, following an investigation by the department’s fire marshal.
The fire did not spread beyond the home, the department said.
Crews from Camas-Washougal and East County Fire & Rescue responded.