Thursday, December 2, 2021
Dec. 2, 2021

Linkedin Pinterest

Firefighters wrangle garage fire in Camas

By , Columbian Breaking News Reporter
Published:
3 Photos
Firefighters are working to extinguish a garage fire at a Camas residence.
Firefighters are working to extinguish a garage fire at a Camas residence. (Camas-Washougal Fire Department) Photo Gallery

Firefighters stopped a garage fire from spreading to a Camas house Friday morning.

Homeowners who live at 4108 N.W. McIntosh Road noticed smoke coming from their garage into the kitchen window and discovered a fire in the garage, Camas-Washougal Fire Department Chief Nick Swinhart said.

The two residents escaped and called 911 at about 8:15 a.m., with arriving crews reporting seeing visible flames coming from the garage.

Crews doused the blaze, bringing it under control and preventing the spread to the house, Swinhart said. The garage and two vehicles were a complete loss in the blaze and some contents in the house were damaged by smoke, he said.

Crews remained on scene through the morning, putting out hotspots at the 8,000-square-foot house, which was built in the 1950s, Swinhart said. Firefighters rolled out approximately 1,500 feet of 5-inch hose to reach the nearest fire hydrant, the department said.

Camas-Washougal firefighters were assisted at the scene by crews from the Vancouver Fire Department and East County Fire & Rescue.

County Assessor’s Office records list John and Mary Rundle as the property’s owners.

Columbian Breaking News Reporter
Loading...