Tuesday is Election Day, with ballots set to be counted for this year’s primary. Ballots, which were sent out by mail more than two weeks ago, must be dropped off by 8 p.m. or postmarked by then in order to ensure your vote counts.
The Columbian’s Editorial Board has offered recommendations in six races featuring more than two candidates. These are determined through an examination of the candidates’ campaign materials and through interviews. The top two vote-getters in each race will advance to the Nov. 7 general election.
Throughout Clark County, there are 13 elected seats and three ballot measures to be voted on, so most voters will have the opportunity to weigh in on something. Here is a recap of The Columbian’s suggestions in selected races:
• Mayor of Vancouver: Anne McEnerny-Ogle and Greg Henderson.
• Vancouver City Council, Pos. 1: Scott Campbell and David Roberts.
• Vancouver City Council, Pos. 3: Linda Glover and Michelle Beardshear.
• Evergreen school board, District 1: Julie Bocanegra and Megan Miles.
• Evergreen school board, District 5: Ginny Gronwoldt and Park Llafet.
• Vancouver school board, Pos. 1: Mark Stoker and Anthony Licerio.