uesday is Election Day, meaning ballots must be dropped off or postmarked by then. Here is a reminder of The Columbian’s recommendations for the general election:
• Port of Vancouver Commission, Dist. 1: Don Orange clearly is the strongest candidate.
• Mayor of Vancouver: Anne McEnerny-Ogle. Opponent Steven Cox has withdrawn from the race but remains on the ballot.
• Vancouver City Council, Pos. 1: Candidate Scott Campbell died on Sept. 17, but we cannot in good conscience recommend his opponent. If Campbell wins, council members will decide who fills the seat.
• Vancouver City Council, Pos. 2: Alishia Topper is a clear choice.
• Vancouver City Council, Pos. 3: Linda Glover.
• Evergreen school board, Dist. 1: Julie Bocanegra.
• Evergreen school board, Dist. 5: We recommend Ginny Gronwoldt, but Park Llafet also is a worthy candidate.
• Vancouver school board, Pos. 2: Mark Stoker is a clear choice.
• Vancouver school board, Pos. 3: We recommend Heather Christiansen, but Wendy Smith also is a worthy candidate.
As always, these are merely recommendations from the Editorial Board of The Columbian. Editorials explaining our reasoning (http://tinyurl.com/gmjon38) and videos of interviews with candidates (http://tinyurl.com/yb56lpte) are available online.