A fire sprinkler saved the day for a Ridgefield family whose stove caught fire Thursday morning, said Tim Dawdy, Clark County Fire & Rescue spokesman.
About 8 a.m., Clark County Fire & Rescue responded to a kitchen fire at 184 N. 43rd Place in Ridgefield. Someone was cooking fries in oil when the stove caught fire and burned the kitchen cabinets, he said.
But the home, a condo in a new development in the north Clark County city, had fire sprinklers, which quickly extinguished the blaze before it spread. By the time firefighters arrived, the only thing left to do was mop up the water.
“These simple, inexpensive fire sprinklers really do their job,” Dawdy said. Neither condo on either side of the unit was damaged.
Three adults live at the condo, Dawdy said. No one was injured. There were no children or pets in the home.