Drivers in the urban unincorporated portion of Clark County can expect intermittent single-lane closures and delays as work begins to upgrade traffic signals.
Starting in 2020, Clark County Public Works’ contractor, Mill Plain Electric, will improve existing traffic signal systems, upgrade and relocate existing school zone flashing lights, and repair damaged signal systems and fiber optic lines.
Work will be done at 10 locations:
• Northeast 47th Avenue at Northeast Minnehaha Street.
• Northeast 13th Avenue at Northeast 78th Street.
• Northeast 10th Avenue at Northeast 199th Street.
• Northeast Tenney Road at Northeast 139th Street.
• Northeast 16th Avenue at Northeast 78th Street.
• Northeast 58th Avenue at Northeast 78th Street.
• Near York Elementary School on Northeast 152nd Avenue.
• Near Pleasant Valley Primary School on Northeast 50th Avenue.
• Northwest Lakeshore Avenue at Northwest 78th Street.
• Northeast 78th Street, from Northeast Highway 99 to Northeast St. Johns Road.
The work on Northeast 78th Street involves repairing fiber optic lines, which will require temporary sidewalk closures.
This type of signal work is typically completed within one to three days, so drivers should not expect lengthy delays.