Here are the nominees for The Columbian fall sports prep athlete of the week for the week ending Nov. 2.
Voting will continue until 8 p.m. Thursday, with results announced in Friday’s edition of The Columbian.
Nominations are limited to one per sport, one per school, each week.
Winners of athlete of the week may not be nominated again until the postseason. Individual nominations are limited to one per month.
To avoid vote manipulation, voting is restricted by IP address, one vote per IP address. That means people voting while connected to a public WIFI access may be unable vote. We suggest voting be done by private internet access or through your cellular provider.
- MERI DUNFORD, PRAIRIE GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY: Dunford won the 3A bi-district meet in Tacoma with a time of 19:00.
- IRELYN MCGEE, CAMAS SWIMMING: McGee won the bi-district diving championship with a score of 345.6 and advanced to state.
- AIDAN ROWLEY, COLUMBIA RIVER BOYS CROSS COUNTRY: Rowley won the 2A district meet at Lewis River Golf Course in 16:12.
- TYRA SCHAUB, SKYVIEW VOLLEYBALL: Schaub had 25 digs, 25 kills, four blocks, four aces in two league wins for the Storm.
- KAIYA VILLINES, LA CENTER GIRLS SOCCER: Villines had three goals and one assist in two wins as the Wildcats clinched the Trico League title.