Here are the nominees for The Columbian fall sports prep athlete of the week for the week ending Nov. 16.
Voting will continue until 8 p.m. Thursday, with results announced in Friday’s edition of The Columbian.
Nominations are limited to one per sport, one per school, each week.
Winners of athlete of the week may not be nominated again until the postseason. Athletes cannot be nominated in consecutive weeks.
To avoid vote manipulation, voting is restricted by IP address, one vote per IP address. That means people voting while connected to a public WIFI access may be unable vote. We suggest voting be done by private internet access or through your cellular provider.
This is the final fall sports athlete-of-the-week votes. The first winter sports vote will commence on Dec. 9.
- HAILEY GROTTE, LA CENTER GIRLS SWIMMING: Grotte swam to state championships in the 50 freestyle and 100 freestyle at the 2A/1A state meet.
- BROOKE GROSZ, HOCKINSON GIRLS SOCCER: Grosz scored all four of the Hawks’ goals in two wins as they advanced to the 2A semifinals.
- KATIE KOGLER, FIRM FOUNDATION VOLLEYBALL: Kogler averaged 21 kills and 15 digs in leading the Eagles to seventh place at the 1B state tournament.
- DELANEY NICOLL, RIDGEFIELD VOLLEYBALL: Nicoll averaged 21 kills and eight digs in leading the Spudders to the 2A state championship.
- RYLIE REEVES, COLUMBIA RIVER VOLLEYBALL: Reeves averaged 10 kills and 19 digs in leading the Chieftains to seventh place in the 2A state tournament.