The Clark College men’s cross country team placed fifth out of nine teams and the Clark women were seventh out of 10 at the NWAC Championships on Monday at Saint Martin’s University in Lacey.
Freshman Paige Neff (Camas HS grad) was the highest-placing Clark runner, finishing 10th overall in the women’s 5K race with a time of 19 minutes, 57 seconds. Also for the Penguins, freshman Sally Anderson (Prairie) was 23rd in 20:52, sophomore Elsa Temme (Hudson’s Bay) was 42nd in 22:12, freshman Josie Hanna was 47th in 22:37, sophomore Nicky Figueras (Ridgefield) was 52nd in 23:28, and freshman McKenzie Colton (Ridgefield) was 64th in 25:23.
In the men’s 8K race, Clark sophomore Micah Goff (Union) and freshman Evans Kaame finished 17th and 18th overall in 27:32 and 27:33. Also, sophomore Aaron Avery was 27th in 28:07, freshman Marcus Hernandez was 29th in 28:12, freshman Isaac Lozier (Kalama) was 39th in 29:13, sophomore Micah Turner (Hudson’s Bay) was 43rd in 29:23, freshman Leobardo Llamas was 48th in 29:43, and freshman Tyler Peterson (Hockinson) was 51st in 29:56.
Record: 2-1 overall
• Columbia Basin at Clark, 4 p.m. Saturday
• Northwestern Indian College at Clark, 4 p.m. Monday
• Multnomah JV at Clark, 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 26
Recap of recent results
Clark won 2 of 3 games at the season-opening Umpqua Invitational at Roseburg, Ore. The Penguins beat Simpson University JV of Redding, Calif., 93-43; beat Blue Mountain 74-71; lost to Green River 83-80.
• Dylan Hushaw: 14.3 points per game, 4.0 rebounds per game
• Matt Garrison (King’s Way Christian HS): 13.0 ppg, 7.7 rpg
• Zach Brown: 10.0 ppg, 5.0 rpg.
Record: 0-0 overall
• Lower Columbia at Clark, 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at O’Connell Sports Center (season opener)
• Walla Walla at Clark, 2 p.m. Saturday
• Columbia Basin at Clark, 4 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 26