Here are the nominees for The Columbian fall sports prep athlete of the week for the week ending Oct. 5.
Voting will continue until 8 p.m. Thursday, with results announced in Friday’s edition of The Columbian.
Nominations are limited to one per sport, one per school, each week.
Winners of athlete of the week may not be nominated again until the postseason. Individual nominations are limited to one per month.
To avoid vote manipulation, voting is restricted by IP address, one vote per IP address. That means people voting while connected to a public WIFI access may be unable vote. We suggest voting be done by private internet access or through your cellular provider.
- MADDY BLAKE, CEDAR TREE CLASSICAL GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY: Blake won the Harvest Classic meet in Longview with a time of 20:04.
- DAVID CARRION, SETON CATHOLIC BOYS CROSS COUNTRY: Carrion won a six-team league meet at White Salmon, running the 5,000-meter course in 15:59.
- TIFFANY CHANDLER, LA CENTER VOLLEYBALL: Chandler recorded 56 kills and 27 digs in two league wins for the Wildcats.
- OWEN HUNTINGTON, CAMAS BOYS GOLF: Huntington shot a 2-under 34 and a 4-under 32, both at Camas Meadows, in a pair of Papermaker wins.
- ALYSSA TALKINGTON, PRAIRIE GIRLS SOCCER: Talkington had one goal and three assists in two league wins for the Falcons.