Junior Tiffany Chandler had a match-high 28 kills, 23 digs and six serving aces, including three kills in the decisive third set, to lift La Center to a five-set victory over Seton Catholic in Thursday’s 1A Trico League volleyball match. Set scores were 25-12, 22-25, 25-13, 18-25, 16-14.
La Center is now 3-0 in five-set matches this season, including its second win over Seton Catholic in five sets.
After Seton tied the match up at two sets apiece, Chandler served five straight points to give the Wildcats a 10-6 lead in the best-to-15 fifth set. Seton tied it twice then took a 13-12 lead on the second of consecutive kills by Anna Yrjanson. Chandler had the set- and match-ending kill for her 28th of the night.
Mia Edwards and Ceanna Johnson combined for 38 assists and Katie Leslie posted 15 digs at libero for La Center.
Stars of the Day
• Elsa and Abbie Helmes, Firm Foundation volleyball, combined for 31 digs in the Eagles’ sweep of Naselle.
• Lauren Cockrell, Union slowpitch softball, hit a home run and had three RBIs in the Titans’ win over Mountain View.
• Abby Cummins, King’s Way Christian volleyball, had six kills and 17 assists in the Knights’ sweep of Columbia-White Salmon.
• Maggie McBroom, Hudson’s Bay girls soccer, dished a pair of assists in the Eagles’ 4-2 loss to Kelso.
• Mariah Jensen, Skyview girls soccer, scored a goal and had two assists in the Storm’s win over Battle Ground.
• Grace Varsek, Camas volleyball, tallied eight kills and 13 digs in the Papermakers’ sweep of Battle Ground.
• Delaney Nicoll, Ridgefield volleyball, finished with 21 kills in the Spudders’ sweep of Hockinson.
• Yaneisy Rodriguez, Columbia River girls soccer, scored three goals and had an assist in the Chieftains’ win over Woodland.
• Sophia Carter, Prairie volleyball, had 22 kills and 19 digs in a four-set win over Mountain View.
• Olivia Fothergill, Mountain View girls soccer, had a goal and two assists in the Thunder’s win over Evergreen.
• Tyra Schaub, Skyview volleyball, had 10 kills and 12 digs in the Storm’s four-set win over Union.
• Brooke Weese and Paytn Barnette, Ridgefield girls soccer, each had a goal and an assist in the Spudders’ victory over Hockinson.
• Braeden Glaser, Prairie girls soccer, scored a pair of goals in the Falcons’ win over Fort Vancouver.
• Shyanne Kirkwood, Fort Vancouver girls soccer, made 23 saves in the Trappers’ defeat.
• Paige Nelson, Camas girls soccer, scored three goals and had an assist in the Papermakers’ win over Heritage.
• Darien Walton, Heritage girls soccer, made 17 saves in the defeat.