Here are the nominees for The Columbian winter sports prep athlete of the week for the week ending Feb. 15.
Voting will continue until 8 p.m. Thursday, with results announced in Friday’s edition of The Columbian.
Nominations are limited to one per sport, one per school, each week.
Winners of athlete of the week may not be nominated again until the postseason. Athletes cannot be nominated in consecutive weeks.
To avoid vote manipulation, voting is restricted by IP address, one vote per IP address. That means people voting while connected to a public WIFI access may be unable vote. We suggest voting be done by private internet access or through your cellular provider.
- ALLISON BLAINE, HUDSON’S BAY GIRLS WRESTLING: Blaine won her third regional title, wrestling for a total of 110 seconds over three matches.
- ALLIE CORRAL, PRAIRIE GIRLS BASKETBALL: Corral hit nine 3-pointers and scored 27 points in leading the Falcons to a state-clinching win over Yelm.
- LEVI HARMS, UNION BOYS WRESTLING: Harms scored a pin over Colby Stoller of Camas to win the 220-pound title at the 4A regional in Spokane.
- SIMON PARISH, COLUMBIA RIVER BOYS SWIMMING: Parish won the 200 individual medley, 100 butterfly and swam on two winning relays at the 2A district meet.
- KADEN PERRY, BATTLE GROUND BOYS BASKETBALL: Perry averaged 29 points and 17 rebounds in two bi-district wins that clinched a state berth for the Tigers.