Here are the nominees for The Columbian winter sports prep athlete of the week for the week ending Feb. 22.
Voting will continue until 8 p.m. Thursday, with results announced in Friday’s edition of The Columbian.
Nominations are limited to one per sport, one per school, each week.
Winners of athlete of the week may not be nominated again until the postseason. Athletes cannot be nominated in consecutive weeks.
To avoid vote manipulation, voting is restricted by IP address, one vote per IP address. That means people voting while connected to a public WIFI access may be unable vote. We suggest voting be done by private internet access or through your cellular provider.
- JAYDIA MARTIN, HUDSON’S BAY GIRLS BASKETBALL: Martin scored 17 points and 12 points in two bi-district games for the state-bound Eagles.
- SHEA MCGEE, CAMAS GYMNASTICS: McGee placed second on floor, third on beam, fourth on bars, sixth on vault and fourth in all-around at the 4A state meet.
- NOAH MESSMAN, MOUNTAIN VIEW WRESTLING: Messman beat Derick Soto of Kelso to win the 132-pound 3A state title.
- BRADY METZ, KING’S WAY CHRISTIAN BOYS BASKETBALL: Metz averaged 24 points, five rebounds and three assists in three district games for the Knights.
- ILIA ZABLOTOVSKII, EVERGREEN BOYS SWIMMING: Zablotovskii placed second in the 100 freestyle and fourth in the 50 freestyle at the 3A state meet.