Saturday, October 24, 2020
Oct. 24, 2020

Linkedin Pinterest

Clark County eateries eligible for CARES funding

Food establishments can get $258 to $1,835, must apply this month

By , Columbian staff writer
Published:

Clark County food establishments have an easy avenue to score some cash this month, thanks to funding from the county’s allotment of CARES dollars.

Clark County Public Health has the ability to disburse money to food establishments impacted by COVID-19 restrictions that have been put in place to protect people from COVID-19.

In this scenario, food establishments can receive the amount they paid for their 2020 retail food permit. The permit fees range from $258 to $1,835 (permit fees for 2021 will still apply).

Applications for the disbursement will be accepted through Oct. 31, and the funds will be disbursed by Nov. 30.

Food establishments need to submit their application on Public Health’s website. The funds can be used for any operational expenses at the food establishments.

to apply

If you’re eligible for the funds, you can apply by phone, 564-397-7257, or online: https://clark.wa.gov/public-health/cares-disbursement-application.

There are close to 1,000 establishments eligible for the funds, but only a fraction have applied so far, according to Brigette Bashaw, Clark County’s food safety program manager.

“I don’t want people to not get the money just because they didn’t know the money was available,” Bashaw said.

The application process is fairly easy, Bashaw said. Some people hold multiple permits, and they can apply for each permit, Bashaw said.

Level 1, 2 and 3 restaurants are eligible. Level 1, 2 and 3 mobile units are eligible, as well as Level 1, 2 and 3 multiple event vendors. Caterers and bed and breakfasts are also eligible for the money.

Food establishments must have annual revenues of less than $1 million and must hold a valid Public Health food permit or be enrolled in a COVID-19 deferred permit program to be eligible, according to a Public Health news release.

“Local restaurants have been operating in a limited capacity for months or have closed their doors completely. And caterers, mobile food carts and event vendors have lost business due to event cancellations,” Bashaw said in the news release. “We hope this funding will help food establishments recoup a small portion of the losses they’ve endured over last six months.”

Tags
 
Loading...