Oregon State Parks will begin taking reservations for group camping and day-use areas in select parks starting Thursday.
This is the first reopening of group facilities since they were closed more than a year ago because of revenue shortfalls and reduced staffing caused by COVID-19, according to a state parks news release.
The online reservation slots will become available between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. Thursday, and a list of which parks are available for group reservations is online at the Oregon State Parks website. The first reservable dates begin in May.
Each area will have a temporarily reduced size limit of 25 visitors in order to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Hiker and biker camping areas also are opening statewide, which are all available on a first-come, first-served basis.
“Although we can’t open all group areas in all parks and the lower group limits isn’t what we are used to, we ask for your patience as we move forward,” said Jason Resch, communications manager for the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department.
Those with questions can call the Oregon State Parks Information Center at 1-800-551-6949, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The release adds that visitors should continue to follow safety protocols while visiting state parks by limiting the size of gatherings, wearing face coverings, giving space to others and washing hands often.
Here is the full list of parks available for reservations:
- Arizona Beach State Park
- Beverly Beach State Park
- Bullards Beach State Park
- Cape Lookout State Park
- Fort Stevens State Park
- Jessie Honeyman State Park
- Humbug Mountain State Park
- South Beach State Park
- Sunset Bay State Park
- William Tugman State Park
- Catherine Creek State Park
- Emigrant Springs State Heritage Site
- The Cove Palisades State Park
- TouVelle State Park
- Tumalo State Park
- Valley of the Rogue State Park
- Wallowa Lake State Park
- Benson State Recreation Area
- Dabney State Recreation Area
- Elijah Bristow State Park
- Fall Creek State Recreation Area
- Guy W. Talbot State Park
- Jasper State Recreation Site
- Lowell State Recreation Site
- Maud Williamson State Park
- Molalla River State Park
- North Santiam State Recreation Area
- Sarah Helmick State Recreation Site
- Silver Falls State Park
- Rooster Rock State Park
- Stub Stewart State Park
- Willamette Mission State Park