Ridgefield’s Derek Kropp struck out 18 batters as the Spudders beat Washougal 11-2 on Wednesday and moved into first place in the 2A Greater St. Helens League.
Kropp pitched 6.2 innings, giving up one run on two hits with three walks. He threw 99 pitches.
In the fifth inning, Ridgefield (6-1) scored seven runs on six hits, two bases-loaded walks, and a hit batter to bring in a run.
Aiden Hundt was 3 for 4 with a double, three RBI and two runs to help the Spudders’ 10-hit attack.
Ridgefield is 6-1 in the 2A GSHL, half-game up on Columbia River (5-1). The two teams meet Monday in Ridgefield.
Stars of the day
- Devon Woods, Union baseball, knocked in the tying and go-ahead runs in the bottom of the sixth inning and also stole two bases as the Titans beat Heritage 5-3.
- Luke Butterfield, Fort Vancouver baseball, went 4 for 5 with a double, four RBI, three runs scored and also struck out 10 with one walk in a complete-game victory over Hudson’s Bay in the first game of a doubleheader.
- Chase Hart, Hudson’s Bay baseball, went 3 for 4 with a double, two RBI, three runs scored and a stolen base as the Eagles earned a split of the doubleheader against Fort Vancouver.
- Boston Jensen, Camas baseball, pitched 4.1 innings of relief, holding Battle Ground to no runs with one hit while striking out seven and walking two in a 6-3 Camas victory.
- Kyle Memarian, Skyview baseball, went 2 for 4 with three RBI and two runs as the Storm beat Evergreen 16-2.
- Stephen Hammergren, Mark Morris baseball, went 3 for 4 with two doubles, a triple, four RBI and two runs scored in a 12-2 win over Hockinson.
- Lauren Johnson, Skyview softball, went 2 for 3 with three RBI, a run scored and a stolen base as the Storm beat Evergreen.
- Makenzie Misner, Heritage softball, scored the insurance run for the Timberwolves after reaching on a triple in the sixth inning, and struck out 10 batters including the final out with a runner on base for a 3-2 win over Union.
- Kaila Bonawitz, Mountain View girls golf, was medalist with a 2-over-par 36 at Fairway Village in the Thunder’s win over Heritage.
- Bryanna Ungs, La Center girls swimming, saw the second-fastest time in the region this season in the 200 individual medley (2:21.60) and third-fastest in the 100 freestyle (57.84) during a meet at Kelso.
- Liz Dolan, Kelso girls golf, shot a 2-under-par 33 at Fairway Village as Kelso beat Evergreen.
- Hallie Watson, Mark Morris softball, went 4 for 6 with five runs, a double, home run and 5 RBI as the Monarchs split a doubleheader with Washougal.
- Jaycee Williams, Columbia River softball, was 3 for 3 with a double, triple, four RBI and two runs scored in the 18-1 win over Hudson’s Bay.
- Madison Wick, Mountain View girls swimming, posted the region’s best time this season in the 500 freestyle, winning in 5:38.25 at Mark Morris.
- Kekai Schultz, Ridgefield softball, was 2 for 5 with a home run, three RBI and two runs scored in the Spudders’ 12-7 win at R.A. Long.
- Emily Strehle, Kelso bowling, rolled a 289 second game after a 203 first game and finished with a 650 series against Prairie.
- Jaelyn Sotelo, Skyview bowling, had a 235 game as part of a 562 series as the Storm posted a team score of 2,106 to beat Union.