Here are the nominees for the Week 8 high school athlete of the week, for results from April 19-24.
Voting will continue until 7 p.m. Thursday, with results announced in Friday’s edition of The Columbian.
Winners of the athlete-of-the-week may not be nominated again in the same sports season.
To avoid vote manipulation, voting is restricted by IP address, one vote per IP address. That means people voting while connected to a public WIFI access may be unable to vote. We suggest voting be done by private internet access or through your cellular provider.
- SHAELA BRADLEY, LA CENTER GIRLS TRACK AND FIELD: The freshman won three individual titles — 100 meters, 200 meters and long jump — and posted a 1A state-best time in the 200 at the Trico League championships.
- J’QUAN COLLINS, FORT VANCOUVER BOYS TRACK AND FIELD: Collins won four events — 110 hurdles, 300 hurdles, triple jump and long jump — in a meet against R.A. Long.
- LIZ DOLAN, KELSO GIRLS GOLF: Dolan opened the season in stellar form, setting a course record by shooting a 2-under 33 at Fairway Village in a match with Evergreen.
- PIPER RYLANDER, COLUMBIA RIVER GIRLS TENNIS: Rylander won three straight-set matches at No. 1 singles to improve to 8-0 on the seasons.
- IZAIAH VONGNATH, UNION BOYS BASKETBALL: Vongnath hit five 3-pointers and scored 20 points in a win over Prairie, then added 8 3s and 33 points in a win over Heritage.