An old building in downtown Camas sports a new amenity: a charging station for electric vehicles.
The two new charging stations are the latest update to the Camas Bike & Sport parking lot at 403 N.E. Fifth Ave. The SemaConnect Series 6 charging stations are compatible with all plug-in electric vehicles in North America including Chevy, Tesla, Ford and Nissan, according to a news release.
The building is owned by Ed Fischer of GPS NW Realty Solutions, who spearheaded the project. The building, known as the Adeline, was built in 1938 and at one time was used as a bank. The charging stations are located under cover in two of the old drive-thru lanes and are open to all EV drivers visiting downtown Camas.