• “Doctor Dogs: How Our Best Friends Are Becoming Our Best Medicine” by Maria Goodavage (also available in e-book and e-audiobook formats).
• “The Dog: A Natural History” by Adam Miklosi.
• “Dogs: A Philosophical Guide to Our Best Friends” by Mark Alizart.
• “A Dog’s Gift: The Inspirational Story of Veterans and Children Healed by Man’s Best Friend” by Bob Drury (also available in e-book and e-audiobook formats).
• “Once a Wolf: The Science Behind Our Dogs’ Astonishing Genetic Evolution” by Bryan Sykes (also available in e-book and e-audiobook formats).
• “One Hundred Dogs & Counting: One Woman, Ten Thousand Miles, and a Journey into the Heart of Shelters and Rescues” by Cara Sue Achterberg.
• “Will’s Red Coat: The Story of One Old Dog Who Chose to Live Again” by Tom Ryan (also available in e-book format).
Jan Johnston is the collection development coordinator for the Fort Vancouver Regional Libraries. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.