Ballots for the 2021 primary election are being mailed out to Clark County’s voters today.
Residents should expect to receive their ballot no later than Wednesday, according to the Clark County Elections Office.
“Ballots are at the post office tomorrow, and they’ll be delivered tomorrow,” Clark County Auditor Greg Kimsey confirmed Thursday. “If they don’t receive them by next Wednesday, then they should contact our office.”
He declined to speculate about whether the record-breaking voter turnout in the 2020 general election would carry forward into an odd-year primary. In the 2017 primary, Clark County voter turnout was 19.9 percent.
Those who still need to register to vote or update their address can do so online at voter.votewa.gov until July 27, so long as they hold a valid Washington State ID or driver’s license. They can also update their voter data via mail until July 27 using a printed voter registration form — available for download on the Washington Secretary of State’s website, or for pickup at any public library, public school, city hall or auto licensing agency.
Starting July 27, voters must register in-person at the Clark County Elections Office, 1408 Franklin St. in Vancouver
Not all Clark County voters should expect to receive a ballot. The primary election will be held in the following jurisdictions:
- La Center
- Camas Ward 1
- Camas Ward 3
- Clark Regional Wastewater District
- Battle Ground School District No. 119
- Evergreen School District No. 114
- Hockinson School District No. 98
- Vancouver School District No. 37
- Fire Protection District No. 5
- Clark County Emergency Medical Service District No. 1
Ballot boxes will open today. According to Kimsey, one of Clark County’s 20 ballot box locations has changed since the 2020 general election — a drop box previously located at the Heights Learning Center in Camas has been relocated to the Camas-Washougal Municipal Court building.
As of today, ballot drop boxes are open 24 hours per day. They can be found at:
- Clark College, 1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Vancouver (by Penguin Building, near flagpole, walk-up only)
- Clark Public Utilities Operations Center, 8600 N.E. 117th Ave., Vancouver (southeast parking lot)
- Downtown Vancouver, West 14th and Esther streets
- Fisher’s Landing Transit Center, 3510 S.E. 164th Ave., Vancouver
- 99th Street Transit Center, 9700 N.E. Seventh Ave., Hazel Dell (between 94th and 99th streets)
- Pioneer Elementary/Frontier Middle schools, 7600 N.E. 166th Ave., Vancouver (parking lot between the two schools)
- Shahala Middle School, 601 S.E. 192nd Ave., Vancouver (near flagpole)
- Thomas Jefferson Middle School, 3000 N.W. 119th St., Felida (parking lot)
- Vancouver Mall parking lot, southeast of Macy’s near the C-Tran Vine station
- WSU Vancouver, 14204 N.E. Salmon Creek Ave., Salmon Creek (WSU Entrance Road entering from Northeast Salmon Creek Avenue, turn right at the first street into the south parking lot)
- Amboy Middle School, 22115 N.E. Chelatchie Road (west parking lot)
- Battle Ground City Hall parking lot, 109 S.W. First St.
- Hockinson Middle School (old school), 15916 N.E. 182nd Ave., Brush Prairie (parking lot)
- Camas Washougal Municipal Court, 89 C St., Washougal
- Camas Post Office, 440 N.E. Fifth Ave.
- La Center, 1001 E. Fourth St. (west end of parking lot)
- Ridgefield, Pioneer Street exit, east of Interstate 5, at the end of North First Circle, in the middle of the cul-de-sac
- Ridgefield School District Administrative Office, 510 Pioneer St. (walk-up only)
- Washougal Community Library, 1661 C St. (walk-up only)
- Yacolt Primary School, 507 W. Yacolt Road (south parking lot)