The Washougal girls cross country team placed four runners in the top 10 and six in the top 20 to win the 2A Greater St. Helens League title with 30 points Thursday at Lake Sacajawea.
Columbia River won the boys race with 61 points as its top five runners all placed inside the top 20.
Hockinson swept the top individual honors. Senior Trevan Bischoff was the overall boys winner, covering the 5,000-meter course in 16 minutes, 5.8 seconds. Senior Allyson Peterson won the girls race in 18:03.1.
Washougal’s Elle Thomas, Sydnee Boothby and Jamie Maas placed 2-3-4 with Savea Masnfield sixth to help the Panthers to the team title.
Daniel Barna was fifth and Naftali Menendez was seventh to pace the River boys.
• 4A/3A GSHL boys tennis — Union claimed the regular-season team title by finishing 8-0 after defeating Battle Ground 6-0 in the season finale.
Stars of the day
• Dane Huddleston, Woodland golf, shot a 1-under-par 34 at Lewis River for medalist honors in the Beavers win against La Center.
• Jack Kendrick, Columbia River golf, had a 2-over-par 38 for medalist honors at Club Green Meadows in River’s win over Mark Morris.
• Ty Mairs, King’s Way Christian golf, was medalist with a 3-over 38 at Tri-Mountain in the 175-198 win for King’s Way over Seton Catholic.
• Natalie Malagon, Hudson’s Bay girls soccer, scored two second-half goals as the Eagles beat rival Fort Vancouver 3-0.
• Kelly Krusl, Ridgefield girls soccer, scored the game-winning goal in the 70th minute as the Spudders topped R.A. Long 1-0.
• Kaile Bunda, Union girls soccer, assisted on three goals and scored one herself as the Titans beat Evergreen 7-0.
• Allie Andrew, Ridgefield volleyball, Ridgefield volleyball, had 14 kills, six digs, three aces and one block in a win over R.A. Long.
• Maddie Sheron, Columbia River volleyball, had 11 kills, 9 digs and an ace in a win over Washougal.
• Riley Hill, Skyview volleyball, had 19 assists, 7 kills, 6 digs, two aces and one block in a win over Battle Ground.
• Abby Cummins, King’s Way Christian volleyball, had 37 assists, 16 kills, 6 digs, two aces and one block in a five-set loss to Goldendale.