Here are the nominees for the Week 3 high school prep athlete of the week.
Voting will continue until 7 p.m. Thursday, with results announced in Friday’s edition of The Columbian.
Winners of the athlete-of-the-week may not be nominated again this sports season.
To avoid vote manipulation, voting is restricted by IP address, one vote per IP address. That means people voting while connected to a public WIFI access may be unable to vote. We suggest voting be done by private internet access or through your cellular provider.
- JOSEPH BLANSHAN, LA CENTER BOYS CROSS COUNTRY: Blanshan won the Trico League championship, finishing in 16:39 for 5,000 meters at White Salmon.
- CADE BRINGHURST, RIDGEFIELD BOYS GOLF: Bringhurst shot a 2-under 35 at Tri-Mountain and 1-over 36 in Mint Valley.
- ABBY CUMMINS, KING’S WAY CHRISTIAN VOLLEYBALL: Cummins averaged 39 assists, 11 kills, 8 digs and two aces in two league matches.
- ALLYSON PETERSON, HOCKINSON GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY: Peterson won the 2A Greater St. Helens League championship, running in 18:03 for 5,000 meters at Lake Sacajawea.
- ALYSSA TALKINGTON, PRAIRIE GIRLS SOCCER: Talkington scored all three goals, including the game-winner in overtime during a 3-2 win over Battle Ground.