Here are the nominees for the Week 4 high school prep athlete of the week.
Voting will continue until 7 p.m. Thursday, with results announced in Friday’s edition of The Columbian.
Winners of the athlete-of-the-week may not be nominated again this sports season.
To avoid vote manipulation, voting is restricted by IP address, one vote per IP address. That means people voting while connected to a public WIFI access may be unable to vote. We suggest voting be done by private internet access or through your cellular provider.
- TIFFANY CHANDLER, LA CENTER VOLLEYBALL: Chandler averaged 20 kills and 17 digs over three matches in the 1A district playoffs as the Wildcats placed third.
- DANE HUDDLESTON, WOODLAND BOYS GOLF: Huddleston shot back-to-back rounds of 2-under 69 at Mint Valley to capture the 2A district title by four strokes.
- PAYTON LAWSON, HOCKINSON GIRLS SOCCER: Lawson had four goals and one assist in three wins as the Hawks took the 2A district title.
- ELLE THOMAS, WASHOUGAL GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY: Thomas completed her freshman season with a runner-up finish at the 2A district meet in 18:34.
- JEFFREY TRUONG, FORT VANCOUVER BOYS TENNIS: Truong teamed up with doubles partner Sam Crawford to win the 2A GSHL title and the 2A district doubles titles.