Columbia River’s Karlyn Gomez shot an 81 at Mint Valley to earn a three-shot victory at the 2A Greater St. Helens League girls golf championship Monday at Mint Valley in Longview.
River claimed the team title with razor-thin margin, edging Woodland 119-118.
Rayleah Trice of Woodland placed second at 84, followed by Hannah Bowie of Hockinson (87), Katie Zillman of Washougal (92) and Alyssa Dewey of Ridgefield (93).
Gomez and Trice will join Lily McCauley of Tumwater in the first group of the tees Wednesday at the 2A District 4 tournament at Tumwater Valley.
Stars of the day
- Gracie Byrnes, R.A. Long softball, went 2 for 3 with a home run and five RBI in a 9-2 win over Hockinson in the first round of the district playoffs.
- Coco McDonald, Woodland softball, went 3 for 5 with a double and four RBI in a 12-8 first-round district win over Mark Morris.
- Annika Yeh, Mountain View girls golf, shot a 2-over 37 at Fairway Village to lead the Thunder to a 184-228 win over Battle Ground.
- Chloe Gregory, Skyview bowling, rolled a 540 series (211-166-163) in a win over Evergreen at Crosley Lanes.
- Karley Wold-Hayes, Prairie bowling, was one of three Falcon bowlers to top 574 in a win over Battle Ground. Wold-Hayes had 591 series. Lilly Bash added a 575, and Elissa St. Julian bowled 574.
- Ethan Hubbell, Camas baseball, pitched all seven innings, allowing one run on six hits with 8 strikeouts and two walks in a 7-1 win over Mountain View.
- Lexi McCorvey, Union bowling, rolled a 596 series (224-156-216) in a win over Kelso.
- Jade Gruher, Union girls golf, tied a school record with 2-under 34 in a win over Heritage at Camas Meadows.
- Addie MacPherson, Skyview softball, went 2 for 3 with three runs, a triple, home run, three walks and four RBI, and she pitched the final two innings in a 17-13 win over Prairie.
- Alysia Fraly, Prairie softball, went 3 for 5 with two runs, a triple, home run and five RBI.
- Ali Snyder, Camas softball, went 4 for 5 with three runs, two home runs and three RBI, including the winning single in the bottom of the seventh as the Papermakers rallied for two runs to beat Mountain View 16-15 after the Thunder scored 10 runs in the top of the seventh.
- Ava Lechner, Mountain View softballl, went 3 for 3 with a double, home run and five RBI.
- Cade Reitzenstein, Skyview baseball, went 2 for 3, including a two-run single during the Storm’s six-run sixth in a 7-2 win over Prairie.
- Nathan Purvis, Mountain View boys soccer, had two goals and an assist in a 5-1 win over Kelso.