Here are the nominees for the Week 9 high school athlete of the week, for results from April 25-May 1.
Voting will continue until 7 p.m. Thursday, with results announced in Friday’s edition of The Columbian.
Winners of the athlete-of-the-week may not be nominated again in the same sports season.
To avoid vote manipulation, voting is restricted by IP address, one vote per IP address. That means people voting while connected to a public WIFI access may be unable to vote. We suggest voting be done by private internet access or through your cellular provider.
- ANNETTE CHANG, UNION GIRLS SWIMMING: Chang won the 50 freestyle, 100 freestyle and led the Titans to a win in the 200 free relay at the 4A district meet.
- LILY MITTMAN, RIDGEFIELD SOFTBALL: Mittman went 11 for 16 with 11 runs, two triples, a home run and 12 RBI in five wins for the Spudders.
- KATIE PENEUETA, HERITAGE GIRLS BASKETBALL/TRACK: Peneueta won the shot put, discus and javelin in a track meet vs. Camas, then scored 28 points in basketball win over Evergreen and added 20 points and 18 rebounds in a win over Battle Ground.
- ISAIAH SPEAR, CAMAS BOYS TRACK AND FIELD: Spear ran region-best times in winning the 100 meters (11.25 seconds) and 200 (23.11) in a win over Heritage.
- CADEN VIRE, SKYVIEW BASEBALL: Vire struck out 12 in a complete-game one-hit shutout over Camas.