Monday, June 21, 2021
June 21, 2021

Linkedin Pinterest

Fire damages home in Vancouver’s French Glen area

One person treated at scene for smoke inhalation, fire department says

By , Columbian Metro Editor
Published:

One person was treated for smoke inhalation Tuesday after a fire damaged a house in the 9300 block of Northeast 11th Street in the French Glen section of central Vancouver, according to the Vancouver Fire Department, which cautioned people to never go back in to burning buildings.

The fire was reported around 12:15 p.m. Tuesday, and the first crew arriving four minutes later found fire coming from a bedroom window at the rear of the single-story house. The crew initially fought the fire from outside but then crews moved inside as other personnel arrived and brought the blaze under control in about 10 minutes, according to a fire department media release.

One person was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation as 25 firefighters worked for another hour putting out hot spots and performing salvage and overhaul operations, the media release said. One person was displaced as a result of the fire, which is being investigated by the Vancouver Fire Marshal’s Office.

“The Vancouver Fire Department would like to remind people if there’s a fire — get out and stay out,” the media release said. “Never go back into a burning building.”

Loading...