Larissa Villa hit two home runs as Heritage softball rolled to a 15-6 over Prairie in a 4A/3A Greater St. Helens League game on Monday.
Villa went 2 for 4 and drove in four runs. Lydia Schwenker went 4 for 5 and Makenzie Misner also homered for the Timberwolves, who had 18 base hits.
Heritage improved to 5-4 on the season. Eme Cecil had three RBI for Prairie.
Stars of the day
- Mallory Meyer, Battle Ground softball, threw a three-hit shutout with nine strikeouts and no walks and went 2 for 3 with an RBI in a 7-0 win over Mountain View.
- Jaelyn Sotelo, Skyview bowling, rolled her team’s high series (531) with a high game of 191 in a match against Kelso.
- Jade Gruher, Union girls golf, scored a match-high 23 points in Stableford scoring against Prairie.
- Rileigh Chinn, Columbia River bowling, rolled a 672 series (225-245-202) in a match against Mark Morris.
- Nathan Purvis, Mountain View boys soccer, scored a hat trick and had an assist in a 5-1 win over Battle Ground.
- Hailey Jackson, Kelso softball, went 2 for 4 with a home run and three RBI in a 13-5 win over Camas.
- Kevin Rodriguez, Heritage boys soccer, scored two goals in a 3-0 win over Kelso.
- Seth Minor, Skyview baseball, had a two-run triple to fuel a three-run rally as the Storm beat Battle Ground 4-2.