The Battle Ground baseball team scored four runs in the top of the seventh to beat Camas 5-4 on Tuesday.
Trailing 4-1, the Tigers were down to their final out with nobody on base. But two singles and a walk set up Kevin Ferguson’s two-RBI single.
After another walk loaded the bases, Battle Ground tied the game on a wild pitch then took the lead on an error.
Ferguson worked the seventh, allowing a two-out single and a walk before forcing a game-ending groundout.
Battle Ground’s Zach Hauser pitched five strong innings, striking out 10 and allowing one hit and four walks. He was relieved after throwing 102 pitches.
Camas (6-2) scored all four of its runs in the bottom of the sixth. Max Fraser struck out seven and allowed four hits over six innings.
Trevin Long hit a solo home run in the third for Battle Ground (6-3).
Stars of the day
- Dylan Richardson and Braden Barnum, Union baseball, combined to hold Mountain View to four hits in a 3-2 win.
- Brady Trombello, Prairie baseball, struck out 12 in five innings and homered in an 11-1 win vs. Heritage.
- Hailey Paull, Mountain View softball, her grand slam keyed a six-run fourth inning in a 7-4 win over Skyview.
- Kadence Burleson, Evergreen softball, went 2 for 2 with three RBI, a home run and a double in a 7-6 win over Camas.
- Carla Vargas, Mountain View girls track and field, won the 100 meters, 200 meters, long jump and triple jump in a dual meet with Evergreen.
- Cason Shepard, Union boys track and field, won the 200 meters, 110 meter hurdles and 300 meter hurdles in a dual meet with Skyview.