EVERGREEN HIGHWAY — Ten residents from Glenwood Place, a Vancouver senior living center, enjoyed a recent tour of the Stanger House guided by Doris Hale, part of the restoration team. John Stanger came to the area in 1838 as a millwright for the Hudson’s Bay Company and built the house in 1867. It is believed to be the second-oldest dwelling in Clark County. A rare example of what is known as pioneer plank construction, the house is now part of the Jane Weber Evergreen Arboretum, 9215 S.E. 21st St., Vancouver.