Elizabeth Farley scored a goal in the first half and Josie Rinta made seven saves in goal as the Ridgefield girls soccer team shut out Columbia River 1-0 on Thursday at Ridgefield.
The Rapids had won 19 of their last 20 2A Greater St. Helens League matches going back to 2019. That run also included two wins over Ridgefield in the spring during the pandemic shortened season.
The rematch is scheduled for Oct. 12.
Ridgefield improved to 2-0 in the Class 2A Greater St. Helens League.
The Spudders were coming off a close win over R.A. Long on Tuesday, winning a penalty kick shootout 4-3 after regulation ended scoreless.
Stars of the day
- Grady Millar, Mountain View boys golf, the freshman shot 2-under 32 at Fairway Village to lead the Thunder over Battle Ground.
- Cruz Combs and Zac Warren, Ridgefield boys golf, tied for the lowest round by shooting 4-over 41 against Hockinson at Tri-Mountain.
- Laredo Maldonado, Union boys golf, shot an even-par 36 at Club Green Meadows for the low round in a match against Heritage.
- Alden Fay, Columbia River boys golf, shot even-par 36 to lead the Rapids past Washougal at Club Green Meadows.
- Lizzie Andrew, Ridgefield volleyball, had a team-high 11 kills as the Spudders swept R.A. Long to improve to 4-0.
- Carley Postma, Prairie volleyball, had 17 digs as the Falcons beat La Center in three sets.
- Bridget Young, King’s Way Christian volleyball, had a team-high nine kills in a three-set win over Columbia Adventist.
- Shannon Coffey, Seton Catholic girls soccer, scored twice in a 4-0 win over Fort Vancouver.
- Avarey Krebs, Skyview girls soccer, scored the eventual winning goal in a 2-0 victory over Mountain View.
- Maya Woods and O’Hu Miles, Union girls soccer, Woods had two goals and two assists while Miles scored a hat trick as the Titans rolled to a 9-0 win over Prairie.
- Keanna Salavea, Heritage volleyball, had 20 kills and 16 digs as the Timberwolves outlasted Battle Ground in five sets.
- Ashley Lehman, Heritage volleyball, had 41 digs in the five-set win over Battle Ground.
- Makayla Loose, Battle Ground volleyball, had a team-high 15 kills and eight blocks in a five-set loss to Heritage.
- Amanda Harper, Mountain View volleyball, had 26 digs in just three sets in a loss to Skyview.
- Lauren Harris, Skyview volleyball, had seven kills, five aces, nine digs and 15 assists in a three-set win over Mountain View.