Kylie Ritter scored twice in the second half as Hockinson girls soccer topped Ridgefield 2-0 Thursday in Ridgefield.
Grace Abbott assisted on both goals as the Hawks handed the Spudders their first loss of the 2A Greater St. Helens League season.
Ridgefield (4-1-1-0, 14 points)continues to lead the 2A GSHL But R.A. Long (13 points) Hockinson (12 points) and Columbia River (12 points) closed the gap with wins on Thursday.
Stars of the day
- Hewie Nguyen, R.A. Long boys golf, shot 2-under 33 at Mint Valley to lead the Lumberjacks to a 167-169 win over Woodland.
- Amie Russell, La Center volleyball, had a team-high 11 kills and five aces in a four-set win over King’s Way Christian.
- Evan Chen, Camas boys golf, shot 1-over 37 at Camas Meadows as the Papermakers beat Heritage.
- Ella Conklin, Prairie volleyball, had a team-high 10 kills as the Falcons swept Evergreen.
- Olivia Jones, Prairie girls soccer, the senior captain scored the only goal in a 1-0 win over Union.
- Jamie Maas, Washougal girls soccer, scored three goals and assisted on two as the Panthers shut out Hudson’s Bay.
- Lauren Dreves, Columbia River volleyball, had a team-high 10 kills as the Rapids swept Woodland.
- Shaela Bradley, La Center girls soccer, scored four goals in a 5-1 win over King’s Way Christian.
- Maggie Tumelty, Union slowpitch softball, hit a three-run triple, a two-run home run and had six total RBI in the Titans’ win over Columbia River.
- Keanna Salavea, Heritage volleyball, had 17 kills and 23 digs in a four-set loss to Mountain View.
- Amanda Harper, Mountain View volleyball, had 33 digs in a four-set win over Heritage.